Tuesday, December 16, 2008

being a choreographer

This semester I worked on several dances and I was blessed to see most of them on stage. After my forced hiatus from seeing my work on stage, it was a strange yet satisfying feeling to go through the costume, lighting and final cleaning stages of creating and producing dance. Even more strange, was watching the dances and squirming in my seat with nervousness hoping beyond hope that my dancers would do everything exactly as we had rehearsed and I had told them. After two weeks straight of concerts though, I'm glad to have a moment to breathe.

As soon as I get back I'll be right back at it. Except this time it won't only be me creating dances, but me rehearsing to perform in them too! February 12 will mark my debut as a performer at U of I and I am looking forward to dancing... really really dancing.

As promised, here are some photos from my recent shows. More to come as they are available. Click the links for press on the concerts.

My cast for the Collaborative Performance concert, Dec. 11, 12 & 13. From L to R: Jennie, Annie, Elizabeth, Karen, Emily


A different sort of jam session - 80 Hours/mp3s







Dancers from "Doo Bee Dop, Doo Et" in the Grad/Undergrad Concert, Dec. 4, 5 & 6. L: Fawn, R: Sara




Ari, the newest addition to my cast for "Pulled/Together" performed at Grad/Undergrad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin