Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekly Round Up

TRUTH: I miss blogging. I really do love to write but in the past 6 months or more, I have been consumed by my art making, so any and all reading and writing efforts have been focused on that.

So in an effort to keep this space active, I want to share with you some of the online content that I'm engaging with on a weekly basis, if no other reason than for those in my cyber world to know where my head is. So without further ado...


AROUND TOWN
This week I'm planning my summer fun with all of the FREE NYC GOODNESS to choose from.

But what's even more exciting is that I get to see some of my favorite ladies perform in a couple of weeks at Dance New Amsterdam with Moving Spirits Dance. Be my date! Buy your ticket HERE.

For gorgeous PHOTOS and a good STORY
Check out mater mea, a new style blog celebrating women of color in creative industries who are mommies. The newest issue features one of my favorite people, Christal Brown, written by one of my favorite journalists, Anthonia Akitunde. These photos induce nothing but smiles.


INTELLECTUAL DEBATE (actually no debate on these... I co-sign)

When the Church Fails Its Women: 7 Truths We Need to Tell About Creflo Dollar, Black Daughters and Violence

The Roomy and I concur that Jesus was a Feminist. What do you say?

“Most Affectionately Ever Yours”: Slavery, Literacy and Black Women’s Friendships

An exploration in understanding friendship between black women, authored by two of my favorite intellectual black women. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin