Monday, January 24, 2011

January Happenings

With two weeks left in the month, I suppose I should call this post Mid-Winter Happenings, but I wanted to keep you posted on some exciting things happening in the next few weeks.

News

Log on to hear me on the radio show The H2O Network this Friday, January 28th at 1pm. CLICK HERE. I'll be on air speaking with Radiah Nunez about my creative process, starting up my dance company in the past year and my blog, amongst other topics. Dancer Tara Willis who has worked closely with me in the past year will join me. She has danced in Pulled/Together at The Chen Dance Center, Home, a diptych at ChoreOBJECTography and is a soloist in my newest work Change My Mind.

Choreography

I am premiering a new work Change My Mind, featuring dancer Tara Willis as a part of  NACHMO! (National Choreography Month). Please come out and see the results of this 31 day creative challenge!

Saturday, February 5
5:30pm Studio opens; 5:45pm Show begins
PMT House of Dance, Studio A
69 W 14th St @ 6th Avenue, Manhattan


Tickets $10 at the door, cash only - Reception (wine and baked goods) before and after the show 

Teaching  


New Classes at the YMCA! All classes take place at Grosvenor Neighborhood House YMCA located 176 W. 105th Street (at Amsterdam Ave.) To sign up and more information: 212.749.8500. Next session begins the week of February 28. Call and pre-register TODAY!
  • Busy Bodies (12 mo – 2.5 yrs) Tuesday 9:30-10:15am 
    • This is a child’s first gym class. It emphasizes large motor skills development, group play, mastering the external environment and creative movement. 
  • Ballet (3-5 yrs) Thursday 10-10:45am, (5-7 yrs) Saturday 12-1 pm 
    • This class introduces young dancers to ballet fundamentals. Center work focuses on articulation of the feet, positions of the body, and balance. Children practice jumps and move across the floor with simple traveling steps. Class ends with stretching to increase flexibility.  
  • Jazz/Hip Hop (8-12 yrs) Saturday 1:15-2:15 
    • Open to both beginner and intermediate dancers, this  class will focus on rhythm and choreography of hip hop and jazz style dance. 
  • West African Dance (Adults) Monday 7-8pm Friday 6:30-7:30pm 
    • This class introduces traditional dance, drumming and songs from various ethnic groups of Ghana.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin