Friday, January 28, 2011

IMPORTANT CHANGE! (and late night musings)

Many of you have expressed your excitement to hear me on the innanet waves tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately the interview had to be rescheduled for Tuesday, February 1 at 1 pm. I appreciate all the support, so I hope you remember to tune in then.

Again the show is The H2O Network: CLICK HERE. I'll be on air speaking with Radiah Nunez about my creative process, starting up my dance company in the past year and my blog, amongst other topics. Dancer Tara Willis who has worked closely with me in the past year will join me. She has danced in Pulled/Together at The Chen Dance Center, Home, a diptych at ChoreOBJECTography and is the soloist in my newest work Change My Mind.

This week in particular as I have really been reaching out to garner funds for my Seed the Dream! initiative, I have been blown away by the love and support that you all show me. It is one thing to know in your mind and heart that you are blessed, loved and supported and another thing to see it evidenced by a check, a phone call, a message from an estranged friend.

Instead of having the interview tomorrow afternoon, I'll be back in the studio working on this new dance and for the first time there is a feeling of responsibility, a responsibility to create something worthwhile - something that means some thing to some one. Not that I don't always feel that weight, but it weighs a little more when someone else's money is involved.

I say all that to say, that I promise to move forward. Not just for me, but for you too... because I know you're rooting for me.

Thank you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin