Thursday, September 24, 2009

Creative Energy Lives Together

I opened the door to the apartment this afternoon to hear three tenor voices harmonizing, "This is the dawning of the age of aquarius/the age of aquarius/aquariuuuus!/AQUARIUUUUUUUUS!"

Before I could manage to give a "Good Afternoon," I had been thoroughly serenaded by three men in basketball shorts. It was at once the most entertaining, most inspiring, and most joy filled moment.

At a time in my life when I don't quite know what is what, and everything is in flux, I have been blessed to have plenty of moments like these. While I earn my keep in their apartment - cooking, cleaning and mothering - I am surrounded by incessant creative energy and ambition which in turn feeds my own.

Midnight serenades; running lines; choreographing, rehearsing, performing dance routines.

Whether preparing for Broadway auditions, embodying Beyonce, or thinking up our next big performance, I am so happy to be in this little apartment. A bit of creative nurturing?

Everything happens for a reason. Everything.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin