Monday, January 26, 2009

Chocolate Fondue

Last night I had an impromptu visit from a friend. I made dinner (green beans and pasta because she's vegetarian, and I still had the steak I planned on eating when I thought I would be dining alone). Anywho, after dinner we both had a sweet tooth and with no dessert in the house per se, I had the bright idea to make chocolate fondue to dip strawberries and bananas. Try it, it's good.




General Notes on My Recipes: Portion sizes are generally for one or two (multiply as necessary); measuring is rarely exact (taste it or eye ball it); ingredients can always be exchanged for what you prefer or what you have (be creative); don't be mad at me if it didn't turn out right (you made it, not me!).

Chocolate Fondue

In a small sauce pan over low-medium heat, melt four squares of semi sweet baker's chocolate with a tablespoon of unsalted butter. Stir constantly and pour in coffee (I used what was left over from my morning pot) and milk - just enough of these until you get the right dipping consistency. I also sprinkled a little extra sugar. When it's all mixed up and just the right consistency, pour in a dish for dipping and surround it with bite sized fruits of your choice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin