All classes take place at Grosvenor Neighborhood House YMCA located 176 W. 105th Street (at Amsterdam Ave.) To sign up and more information: 212.749.8500. Next session begins the week of February 28. Call and pre-register TODAY!
- Busy Bodies (12 mo – 2.5 yrs) Tuesday 9:30-10:15am
- This is a child’s first gym class. It emphasizes large motor skills development, group play, mastering the external environment and creative movement.
- Ballet (3-5 yrs) Thursday 10-10:45am, (5-7 yrs) Saturday 12-1 pm
- This class introduces young dancers to ballet fundamentals. Center work focuses on articulation of the feet, positions of the body, and balance. Children practice jumps and move across the floor with simple traveling steps. Class ends with stretching to increase flexibility.
- Jazz/Hip Hop (8-12 yrs) Saturday 1:15-2:15
- Open to both beginner and intermediate dancers, this class will focus on rhythm and choreography of hip hop and jazz style dance.
- West African Dance (Adults) Monday 7-8pm Friday 6:30-7:30pm
- This class introduces traditional dance, drumming and songs from various ethnic groups of Ghana.