Monday, June 21, 2010

Today is a good day.

After what seems to have been a relentlessly exhausting week of everything going wrong, today is a good day.

Today I slept for a long time, albeit at the expense of teaching my pre-school movement class, but I am rested.

Today I found my college ring which I thought had been lost to the abyss of New York City.

Today I grocery shopped and cooked in a decently priced organic store super close to the apartment. Who knew?! For the first time in probably 2 or 3 weeks (yes, that long) I cooked dinner. Menu: Arugula salad with sauted jumbo sea scallops, bits of turkey bacon, onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, dressed in olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper. My insides are so thankful right now for a freshly prepared home cooked meal.

I'm thankful for this good day, after the previous six crappy/stressful/exhausting ones. So thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin